Thu, Jun 7, 2018
Day 5 Gym
Day 173 Of School, 172 Of Kindergarten
|Minutes of Daily Reading 7:50 am - 7:59 am|
|Morning Preplanning 8:00 am - 9:10 am|
The username and password to the computer and smartboard are stored on a pink post it note in the left top desk drawer of my desk. The username is dwhite2.
Note for myself: The new password is N's name (caps) followed by D's name (lower, no punctuation) followed by the pi-tau constant, followed by the excitement mark.
|Staff Meeting 8:00 am - 9:00 am|
|Staff Waffle Breakfast|
|Kindergarten PLC/Planning Meeting 8:00 am - 9:00 am|
|Students Arrive 9:10 am - 9:25 am|
Check mail and voicemail
Put out Lunch Sticks
Have someone put out Name Tags if visitor
Change Helper of the Day
Put coat and backpack on coat hooks, supplies out of backpacks, sit on the red circle rug with a book from the box.
|All School Meeting 9:10 am - 11:40 am|
|Celebration: Awards ceremony in the am followed by dance party |
|Morning Meeting 9:25 am - 9:40 am|
Do Lunch Sticks
Lunch Count/ Att:
as described above, or have students go in a circle high-fiving and saying "Good morning ____."
Share: Have students go around and share one thing about themselves, e.g. favorite sport (please pick your own, they've probably already shared their favorite sport).
Practice Classroom Routine:
Game/Song: Play a Responsive Classroom type game such as Four Corners, which they know.
- Lunch sticks should be on the table spread out as students arrive; they should unstack chairs, put their backpacks up and put the lunch sticks on the hot lunch or cold lunch velcro strips by the door before coming to circle.
Helper of the Day:
- Turn over the owl shaped student name ring on the upper left hand corner of the smartboard to reveal the next helper of the day, who helps with calendar, lunch count, and leads the line. Yesterday's helper is the caboose, who goes at the end of the line and turns out the lights.
Lunch Count / Attendance:
- After greeting, hopefully everybody will be here from breakfast. If there are any lunch sticks left, find out if those kids have arrived and have them put their lunch sticks up. Have the helper of the day count the lunch sticks (hot and cold) and you will report that to the office via a post it note (permanent teachers put it in Campus). Include attendance with this note (just write who's absent). You also find out how many students do NOT want milk for snack, subtract from total # of kids and send the # of milks needed. Friday is chocolate milk day.
|Word Study 9:40 am - 9:55 am|
Ms. Hennessey co-teaches F&P Phonics from 9:45 to 10:00
Ms. Hennessey co-teaching details: class grouping
|Reading Workshop 10:20 am - 11:10 am|
Parts of Readers' Workshop: (1) Session/Minilesson (2)
Read to Self while teacher confers (3) Mid-Workshop:
Transition (4) Read to Partner (5) Share
|Movement Break Bathroom Drinks #1 11:05 am - 11:10 am|
|Writing Workshop 11:10 am - 11:40 am|
|Get Ready for Lunch: boxes, wash hands, clips 11:40 am - 11:53 am|
|Lunch and Recess 11:53 am - 12:33 pm|
|Bathroom Drink Break #2 12:33 pm - 12:38 pm|
|Quiet Time 12:38 pm - 12:55 pm|
Bathroom and drinks first, then: Options for quiet time: Tumble book online, or read a regular book to the class; calm go-noodle; quiet music; yoga or calm motions; Leader in Me curriculum
|Read Aloud 12:39 pm - 12:55 pm|
|Specials 2/5 12:55 pm - 1:45 pm|
Music - Grp. 1: Molly, Jace, Alexis
STEM - Grp. 2: Layla, Arianna, Astrid, Ella
Gym - Grp. 3: Julian, Mai, Isabella
|Interactive Read Aloud 1:45 pm - 2:00 pm|
June Week 37 D: Poem: S'more Song
Book: Bees Feed Me NF
Mon: intro, msv, vocab, cover; Tue: reinforce vocab; Wed: reread, sight words; Thu: fluency; Fri: celebrate
Login for Learning A-Z:
|Write Peek of Week and Stuff Friday Folders 4:00 pm - 4:30 pm|
|Calendar 2:40 pm - 2:55 pm|
Helper helps with: season, month, date of month, day of week song!!, today, yesterday, tomorrow, 2 weather, days of school (hooks, whiteboard, 100 chart, pennies, equation).
- Gather students on blue carpet; sit in rocking chair next to Calendar. Note: Months alternate using red and black dates. Cards are in cups by the rocking chair.
- Helper of the day (owl to the upper left of the smartboard) leads calendar, with teacher's help
- Helper asks: "What is the season?" (calls on someone) "What is the month?" (calls on someone, teacher helps get correct answer). Helper turns the season and month arrow on the lower left.
- We put in the date of the month and count all the days until the current date and put it up (or more than one if one is missing for weekends, etc.)
- Helper asks: "What day is today?" (calls on someone then puts day in "today is" slot on right). "What day is tomorrow?" (puts day in "tomorrow is" slot). "What day was yesterday?" (puts day in "yesterday" slot).
- Helper asks: "What is the weather today?" (calls on someone to get either temperature or precipitation, e.g. "hot", "sunny", "rainy", etc.). Then have them ask for another word to get the other thing (temp or precip). Put the weather cards on the weather frog.
- Everybody: "today is ____. tomorrow will be ____. yesterday was ____. today's weather was ____."
- Helper Changes the number of days in school (the three numbers 0 0 x on hooks in the upper right).
- Helper Changes the days in school that is written on the whiteboard
- Reminder: don't erase the whiteboard
- Cross out days on cross-out 100 chart in FAR uper right; count them all and cross out the new ones as a class.
- Change the days of school on the penny-nickel-dime chart and show the children the pennies, nickels and dimes; do an appropriate equation e.g. 5 + 1 = 6. Use fingers to show numbers and hole arms in the shape of a + or = sign and the children will follow this equation.
|Bathroom Drink #3 2:55 pm - 3:00 pm|
|Choice Time 3:00 pm - 3:30 pm|
|Dismissal 3:30 pm - 3:42 pm|
3:30: Closing Circle
3:39: Send parent pick up kids and Adventure Connection
3:40: Call Walkers and Buses to line up in their animal order
3:42: Go out to busses
|Didn't Get To Today 3:42 pm - 3:59 pm|
|Afternoon Planning 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm|